Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vanilla - it's the new chocolate {book review}


I had planned on reviewing this book weeks ago, but the day it arrived my mom was at my house and she took it!  I just got it back this past weekend and finally had a chance to flip through it.


I've already flagged about half the book!  

Vanilla bean bread pudding?  Making this! 



I love the beautifully styled photographs.  Isn't it so much more fun to try a new recipe when you have something beautiful to look at?  


Also, none of the recipes look overly complicated and most don't have a long list of ingredients.  I love that!  


I had to do a double-take - yes that's a Twinkie Cake. 


These soft vanilla sugar cookies look like something my great-grandmother used to make.  Hmm... bake-off? 


Vanilla sugar puffs - referred to as chouquettes in France and absolute perfection with a morning café.


Dan's favorite cookie is Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, but I have yet to make a recipe that he's really wow-ed over.  He loved my Salted Toffee Chocolate ones, perhaps Salted Vanilla Chip Oatmeal is the next to try.


There's such a great mix too, of classic recipes and new interesting things to try.  



Frosted Vanilla Almonds, Opera Fudge and Vanilla Bean Salted Caramels.  So pretty for the holiday's or a dessert bar. 


 Panna Cotta is my absolute favorite.  If it's on the menu served with fresh berries, I will always order it.  I've never tried to make it before but I definitely will now.  Flagged!


 Vanilla Bean Bowls - How amazing are these?!  


The recipe looks super easy and wouldn't it be so fun to serve guests?  Filled with fruit and whipped cream, or fresh berries drizzled with chocolate - yum!


I absolutely love the new trend of recipe books including drinks!  Gone are the days of serving wine, soda and iced tea at parties.  It's all about signature cocktails, and wine flights and beer tastings.   Love it!


You know what I really loved about it though?  

It's not chocolate.  

Grab a copy here. And for under $15!

LMF

1 comment:

  1. This is going on my wish list for the Twinkie Cake alone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...