Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Music

I think it's official, Christmas is coming and one of my favorite things about the holidays is the Christmas music.  I mean, aside from the pine-y Christmas tree smell, warm hot chocolate, baking treats for families and friends, twinkling lights... you get the idea.

When I was little we'd get out all the holiday decorations down from the attic and one of the first things we pulled out was the Christmas music.  This was back when music was on tapes and CD's - The Olden Days.  Actually, I think when I was really little, some of our holiday music was on records!

  We'd spend the day decorating the house with Christmas tunes playing in the background.  Lucky for my family, I knew all the words. :)

I put together a few of my favorites.  My playlist it's pretty pop heavy, but I love it!


1. All I Want for Christmas is You ~ Mariah Carey
2. Where Are You Christmas ~ Faith Hill  -  Love this song!  It's from the Grinch that Stole Christmas. And it just melts my heart every time it comes on.
3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ~ Martina McBride
4. My Only Wish (This Year) ~ Britney Spears
5. Shake Up Christmas ~ Train
6. Last Christmas ~ Ashley Tisdale
7. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) ~ U2
8. Santa Baby ~ Eartha Kitt  - My favorite version!
9. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town ~ Frank Sinatra
10. This Christmas ~ Christina Aguilera
11. Carol of the Bells ~ John Williams
12. I'll be Home for Christmas ~ Katherine McPhee
13. On My Knees ~ Jaci Velasquez
14. Love Song for a Savior ~ Jars of Clay - Absolutely one of my favorite worship songs.
15. I Don't Want to Spend One More Christmas Without You ~ InSync
16. All Alone on Christmas ~ Darlene Love - From Love Actually - best holiday movie!

I'm not going to lie, even during the year when these songs come on my iPod, I don't change 'em.

What are some of your favorite Christmas songs or albums? 

I'm always looking to add to my list!

LMF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...