Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New York

We're headed to New York tonight on the red-eye. 


Visiting some really good friends and hopefully seeing my brother play one night.

I don't think I've been shy about my love for the airport, but there's something even more exciting for me when the plane's headed to NYC. 

It's one of my favorite cities in the world.  And I feel very spoiled getting to see these friends twice in one month!  

She's the kind of friend that no matter how long we go without talking we pick right back up where we left off.  There never seems enough time during our visits to say everything that needs to be said.  I hope everyone is lucky enough to have a friend like that.

Aside from the guys playing golf a few times, our long weekend is completely open - my favorite kind of vacation!

We'll definitely spend one afternoon in central park.


And I'm hoping one day will be a bit grey out so that we can head to the Guggenheim or the MOMA.  It's so hard to spend a sunny day in a museum and even after all my trips to New York, I've never been to either.

In so many of my favorite cities I have a favorite food I have to get.  
In New York it's the black and white cookie.

"The key to eating a black and white cookie, Elaine, is you want to get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate. And yet, still, somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie. All our problems would be solved." ~Jerry

Amen Jerry!

What are some of your favorite shops / restaurants / sites in New York?
I'm always looking for new places to try!

Have a fabulous week and weekend!

LMF

3 comments:

  1. I will always have a soft spot for the Guggenheim museum! As for shops, my favorite is Evolution, and I have always wanted to visit Obscura Antiques from the show Oddities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and all your amazing photos! NY looked like a blast.
    Great Seinfeld reference

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...