Monday, October 29, 2012

Autumn in New York

We just barely made it back from New York last night.  Apparently JFK closed about an hour after we took off (which was 3 hours later than scheduled), due to the storm coming.  

The Giants won the "World" Series while we were in flight.  Big win for San Francisco {yay!} not so big win for those of us trying to sleep on the plane.

We had an amazing time.  I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I'd never been to New York in October and it was the perfect autumn.  

{central park}

It was like something out of a movie scene.  The trees were filled with leaves of gorgeous fall colors that just showered down on us while we walked. 

New York is absolutely one of the best cities in the world.  I realize many people may have different opinions than than mine, but it's definitely one of my favorites.  


I love all the little neighborhoods and all the loads of people on the streets.  I love walking everywhere! Something that I definitely miss now that I've moved back to Northern California.


We stayed with friends in Williamsburg and took the ferry into the city, which made for a great view of the city.

  
We visited the Met {my first time!} and strolled around central park; saw my brother perform in a club in Williamsburg {amazing!} and then pretty much just hung out shopping and eating in the city with friends and family.  My perfect kind of weekend!

 
{interesting art}


As always, we had some amazing food in the city.  I'll post this week with some of my favorites.


Stay safe East Coasters!

LMF

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun and that you go out in time! It's really picking up now. We lost hot water last night and were told they'll be shutting down power soon. Yikes.

    Have a great start to the week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't sound good, Dawn! I hope you were able to stock up on a few things. Be safe!

      Delete
  2. Looks like the perfect time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos! I've never been to New York but when I go, it's going to be in Autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...