Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY Eagan Pottery Barn Mirror

My new mirror is finally up in my living room and I could not be more happy.  


I pinned this {link} from The Lettered Cottage last year and sent it to my Dad to see if he could build it.  Their directions were pretty spot on, so thank you Layla and Kevin!

The only thing my Dad changed was adding hardware so that I could hang it either vertically or horizontally.  We figured it'd be easier to add this before the mirrors were in place than later if I decided to change it.  {I use the term 'we' very loosely.}

I love that he sent me progress pictures along the way.


It's a copy of the Pottery Barn Eagan mirror that sells for around $700 but my Dad customized the size for me.  He had left over plywood for the backing for the headboard he built for me and I bought the mirrors at Michaels with 40% off coupons.

I think the total cost of the project was around $150 dollars.  It's becoming very economical for me to have a Dad that can build anything!


I think he did a fantastic job with it!


And it looks perfect over the console table he built for me 
{which is a copy of the West Elm Parsons console table}.  

Thanks Dad!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway {here}.
LMF

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that your Dad did this for you - it looks great. I bet he loved doing it for you too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad has mad skillz!! I wish I had someone in my life who was that handy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...