Monday, June 25, 2012

Croatia

I don't have cable, so I'm always a bit behind when it comes to TV shows until I get a chance to watch them OnDemand at Dan's house.   

I just finished watching last weeks Bachelorette and I was thrilled to see them in Dubrovnik, Croatia.  It made me a little heartsick for my trip there a couple of years ago.

I was living in London at the time.  A friend from home flew over to visit and then we flew to Croatia together.
We started in Dubrovnik, and then travelled up the coast staying in Hvar for a few days, visiting a few smaller islands and then flying out of Split.
We went kayaking while in Hvar, and the next day, while having our morning coffee, we ran into one of the locals from the trip.  He invited us to a small island just a short boat ride away (it was safe, a mother and daughter were headed over too for some private swimming and the island was close enough to swim to from Hvar). 

There was a small bar on the island, a couple of hammocks, a dog named Sierra and a donkey named Mercedes. That was it. Oh, and gorgeous views.
And it was perfect.
LMF
*all images original to Champagne Reveries

8 comments:

  1. This looks insane! I'm dying to check Croatia off my travel list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it all looks so heavenly! How great to experience a private island for a day! You're making me want to chuck it in and head to the beach today!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous photos. This is how my mind works I thought "Oh, that door is stunning. Must pin. I want a donkey, so cute. Wonder if I could put one in the back yard? MUST find hammock!" ha ha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!!! need to visit here immediately! all of these images are absolutely incredible! a trip of a lifetime!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs! You must have had a wonderful trip. Kayaking in those waters must have been amazing and I just love your donkey photo :)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never turn down the chance to go island hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, you're making me homesick with these photos. i was born and grew up in the neighboring country and every summer we would vacation in croatia. the croatian coast is beautiful and i'm glad that you've got to experience it!

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hvar is such a perfect place! I´ve been there two times, and I love it!

    Enjoy the summmer :)

    Nina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...