Wednesday, May 23, 2012

On our way to Chicago


Today's my Friday.  Jealous? I would be too! :)

We leaving for Chicago tomorrow morning, and I couldn't be more excited!  


REASONS TO BE EXCITED

1.  We're going to the airport.  I LOVE the airport.  I'm not kidding.  I absolutely adore it.  How could     you not?!  You can go anywhere from there!

2.  We're going to Chicago, such a fantastic city!  We've both been before, but never together.  And I've only been for work, staying out by the airport and in hotel conference rooms all day. {yuck}  Danny's family is from there so he's only ever stayed outside the city with them.

3.  This is our first trip together with just us - no family, no friends, not even the pup :( {It's okay, we'll bring him a lil something}

4.  We'll be celebrating my birthday :)

I've actually been quite surprised how many people absolutely adore the city, not that its not fabulous, just that I've never had so many people agree on something.  But it was unanimous. We'd mention to someone that we were taking a mini vacation there and they would rave about it.  Happened every time. 

Everyone also had an opinion about where we just had to eat.  We arrive in Chicago tomorrow afternoon and we're leaving late Sunday evening, so that's roughly 4 days and 3 nights.  

According to the people we're talked to, these are the restaurants we need to go to:
  1. Pops - Champagne bar {we'll definitely be heading there!}
  2. Blackbird
  3. Carmine's on Rush Street
  4. Keefers Steakhouse
  5. Japonais {this was actually my own recommendation, I love this place}
  6. Prasino
  7. Giordano's pizza
  8. Lou Malnati's pizza
  9. Gino's East
  10. The Girl and the Goat
  11. Vertigo
  12. Xocu
  13. Table 52
  14. The Publican
  15. Le Colonial
  16. The Signature Room
  17. RL Cafe
  18. Cafe Baba Reeba
  19. Longman & Eagle
  20. Bistrot Margot
Not to mention, I searched the blog of one of my favorite Chicago bloggers and found this {post}. 

I am overwhelmed! And hungry! Every place sounds so amazing.  I'm really not sure how we're going to fit it all in, but we're gonna try!  I'll let you know how we do next week :)


Have a wonderful memorial day weekend!

LMF  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...