Thursday, May 17, 2012

On my bookshelf

My bookshelf happens to be the small telephone table next to my bed.  It's where I keep all my current reads.  There's usually a lot - what can I say, I'm only as committed as my options. :)


My Dad found the table in my uncle's basement when I was moving into my house.  It was the telephone table they had in their house when they were kids.   He cleaned it up a bit, sanded and re-stained parts of it, and got a piece of glass cut for the top.  It's perfect now with all its nicks and scratches and I love it.


There's always a stack of books or magazines on the shelf below.  Somehow I'm in the middle of five books right now.  Mostly because I kept getting new one's that I couldn't wait to start reading.

Currently reading:

1 - The Feast of Roses by Indu Sundaresan - this is the sequel to The Twentieth Wife, a serious must-read.  It's about the rise of one of India's most influential empresses and is such a fantastic story.  I must admit though the first book was by far better, which is probably why it's taking me so long to finish the second.

2 - The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz - I adore books about Paris, especially about Americans moving to Paris and how they find it, seeing and living in France for the first time.  David Lebovitz is an amazing pastry chef and sprinkled throughout the book are some of his yummy recipes.  I've dogeared most of them!  Food and Paris it doesn't get much better than that for me.

3 - The Gospel According to Coco Chanel by Karen Karbo - Humorous life lessons and Coco Chanel's story, what an amazing woman.  Even if you're not into fashion, this is such a good book about a women who created the life she wanted.  Loving it!  Plus it takes place in France :)

4 - One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp - I kept seeing this book all over the place and finally decided it must mean I need to pick it up.  Inspired by Sarah Tucker's post {here}, I'm posting {here}.  I've just started this book but am absolutely loving it so far.  It is definitely different than I thought it was going to be.

5 - At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks (iBook) - Don't judge.  I'm a fan of Nicholas Sparks.  Some of his love stories are just so beautiful.  Plus I always have to have a book with me, and reading one on my iPhone makes that so much easier.  This one's probably not one of my favorites by him though.

I know it doesn't look like, but I'd love some recommendations!  What's good out there?

LMF


2 comments:

  1. I'm a manic reader so this topic is right up my alley! Some of my recent favorites: One Day, The Paris Wife, Hunger Games, Forgetting Alice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec's! The Paris Wife has been on my list for a while. I'll check out the others too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...