Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Monday

I had a fabulous Easter weekend. I hope everyone else did too!  It was one of those weekends where it was so much fun I barely managed to take any photos of it at all.  Oops!

Saturday evening we had Girls Night In at my house with some amazing ladies. Some that I've known 15+ years.  I am so lucky to get to call these girls friends even if we don't get to see each other often.

I snapped a few photos of the beginning of my sprucing up for spring:
My spring mantel

The beginning of my table setting

I made this delicious pasta I found on Caitlyn's blog {recipe}.  
Highly recommended!

I also made minestrone soup from a recipe I found in BHG magazine.  Unfortunately, making 2 recipes that called for pasta got me a bit confused and instead of using 1 cup of rigatoni in the soup, I added 1lb! Oops!  So, we pretty much had 2 pasta dishes.  I should probably stick to baking.  Which I did a lot of this weekend too!

I made my favorite snickerdoodle muffins and the most amazing cookies - salted toffee and chocolate chip.  Recipes coming soon! **Update - recipe {here}

We never seem to be low on dessert.  Laurel brought a delicious peach crisp and served it over french vanilla ice cream (instead of the maple cream sauce).  Recipe by Pioneer Woman - found here.  Love her!

And I got to hang out with the sweetest baby, Avery.  She was a perfect angel and let all us girls visit for hours, even joining in on the conversation a few times :)


Easter was wonderful with family and friends.  And I loved my Easter presents!
A miniature lime tree.  Beautiful flowers for my backyard - which my mom planted and my dad hung up :). Yay!  And a few meyer lemons finally ripe from my tree.

Spring is finally here.

LMF

1 comment:

  1. I love sprucing up for Spring with lots of flowers and pastels!! I need to make that pasta tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...